Monday, December 30, 2013

Wash Your Hands

To my son Tommy,

I am not too big on parental nagging, but one thing I do agree with and will remind you often is to wash your hands.  Wash after your Cheetos, wash after your playdoh, and definitely wash after you potty.  Now other parents and medical professionals will point to many advantages of doing this.  I, however, have a very practical reason; You are a nose picker!  It really isn't your fault, you come from a long line of nose pickers.  Much to the chagrin of the ladies we marry, Downey men for at least the past four generations are nose pickers.  It is a learned behavior I am sure, and one that I wish I hadn't passed on to you, but we have to deal with realities.  Smells and colors are difficult to get out of your nostrils when they are shoved in there with a digit.  So wash your hands and wash them often, and be mindful of the last place that itched on your body, that last placed you scratched, before you pick your nose,

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment