Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wound Vac

To my son Tommy,

Well your mom, finally, has her wound vacuum hooked up.  If you could imagine sucking a porterhouse through the tube of a dyson vacuum cleaner hoping the meat will grow more steak and fill the space in the tube, you pretty much understand the concept.  Her sentiment, when insurance finally approved the treatment after first denying it and before being hooked up today, was (and I quote) "Let the healing begin!"  Today, after having the wound vac hooked up and turned on, her sentiment is (and this time I paraphrase) "Holy schnikies! I forgot how painful this #%&@er is!"  Here is hoping that her first sentiment is spot on and that she somehow adjusts and learns to cope with the second sentiment.  I think we are all ready, your mom more than any of us, to get back to some type of normal.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment