Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mimic

To my son Tommy,

One thing that has been quite a joy for me is watching you mimic the actions of your parents.  Like all first time parents we had to learn the hard way to watch our example around you when you parroted back some not so social acceptable words and such.  To this day you say "Oh my jeesh" but at one time that was a full on Jesus.  There were worse instances but not appropriate for this blog.  But we took the lesson to heart quite quickly and those slip ups are far fewer in between.  Now we get to enjoy times like tonight.

You had been patiently waiting for me to get home and telling your mother that you were going to play toys with daddy as soon as he got home.  You were so cute I had to oblige.  We played all types of toys, from army guys to trolls to blocks to zoo animals to work bench building.  Then as we were playing with your stuffed animals in your room you told me it was time for night night.  You demanded I lay down in your bed and close my eyes.  When I finally did, you took the covers and pulled them over me and tucked me in.  You leaned over and gave me a kiss and whispered "You're a good boy daddy and I love you".  I laid there with my eyes closed and the smile on my face was no match for the one in my heart.  Staying as silent as a church mouse, you snuck out of your room after turning off the light.  A couple minutes later you came back in and woke me up told me you missed me and asked me if I had a good sleep and what I dreamed about.  Yeah if you are going to model any of my actions, you sure picked a good one!

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment