Tuesday, September 4, 2012

When Monday is Really Tuesday

To my son Tommy,

Holidays are great except for the fact that they throw off your entire schedule.  As I returned to work after the Labor Day holiday,   I hoped beyond hope that I had successfully skipped Monday.  But here it is, same stuff just disguised as a Tuesday.  My entire perception of the date time workweek continuum has been thrown into a tesseract blender.  Plus I lose a day this week to deal with all this Monday stuff.  It really just goes to show that no matter what you do to avoid a problem, even if it is skipping an entire day of the week, the problem will be waiting until you decide to solve it properly.  My only saving grace for the day will be hearing your excitement and deciphering your story about school today.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment