Monday, September 24, 2012

What Are Your Dreams?

To my son Tommy,

Many parents in this world wish and pray that all their children's dreams come true.  I have thought long and hard on this subject and my answer to this is...it depends on their dreams!  Too many people in this world dream of artificial and ephemeral joys.  They want billions of dollars and power and prestige and such.  These dreams of wealth and such are just not true to the heart.  Jim Carey is credited with saying "I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of, so they can see that it's not the answer."  Words of wisdom from a very funny clever man.  This world is filled with unhappy rich people.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of unhappy poor people too.  Funny how discontent can be the great equalizer between the ninety-nine percent and the one percent.  It just goes to show that what people should be looking for is not found in materialistic terms.

So here is hoping that all your dreams ARE true...true to the heart and true to your soul.  With your dreams and aspirations in the right place, then and only then can I wish and pray that all your dreams come true!

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

P.S. If all my dreams had come true, I am pretty sure this world would have turned to ice cream when I was nine years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment