Monday, July 22, 2013

Big Push

To my son Tommy,

I normally have the art of doing nothing, or at least of doing nothing important, down to a tee.  Some how even my best of intentions are thwarted by the ability to let time slip without accomplishment.  I know i have preached just the opposite to you in these pages but that is more in hopes that you develop better habits than me.  But this week is going to be different.

As we ready for vacation, there will be no rest for the weary.  Every waking moment of this week will be spent doing something because there are way too many "somethings" that have to be done.  There is no slacking off and sitting on the couch.  There is no wasting time by the proverbial water cooler, or in my company's case the snowball machine.  It is just going to be work, work, work, work, and work.  Life will be filled with packing, cleaning, tying up loose ends, training, explaining, prepping, etc.

I guess this is how life really should be.  If there are things to do, I should be doing them!  Sadly, I often end up idle, occupying my time with diversions while the real work sits and waits.  But here comes the big push, the full court press that will make this vacation all the better.  Vacations are for idle down time and diversion and if we can just make it through this week, we will be all set!  Hopefully i won't get off track.  Oh, look, a new iPad app....

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment