Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hand Pile

To my son Tommy,

I have been despondent to say the least this week.  My development environment hard drive crashing put me in a major hole that seems overwhelming to dig out of.  It makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.  But I have to hold on to hope and just keep working.

I have been doing my best to not bring this home with me, but frankly my efforts to leave it at work suck.  That is why our little game at dinner was such a welcome diversion.  I am not sure what you would call it, but I suppose hand pile is fitting. It is the little game where everyone piles there hands alternating on each other.  Then the hand at the bottom is pulled and slapped on the top of the pile ad infinitum, or at least till the backs of our hands redden.   Thank you for taking my mind off of work, at least for a little.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment