Sunday, May 12, 2013

Did It To Me Again.

To my son Tommy,

I am not sure how you do it.  We start off sitting next to each other at mass, and the next thing I know I am at one end of the pew and you are at the opposite end.  When I glance over to check on you, I a, greeted with a devious little smile that seemingly claims victory on our church pew chess game.  It is a good thing I have a village (or at least a pew) of people raising you because it allows me to give you a bit of freedom like that.

Today is Mother's Day and we are up at your Grandma RoRo's house.  We stopped and got her and Nana Jeanne a couple plants from Harbin Farms on the way up.  I wish I could take credit for the idea but it was on your mother's orders.   Your mom is down at the hospital visiting your Great Aunt Lizzie.  Lizzie is having a rough go of it with what the doctors have characterized as pneumonia.  Before we got separated in the pews, I got you to say a decade on the Rosary beads with me for a speedy recovery of your Great Aunt.  I hope you will get some quality cuddle time with your mommy on Mommy's Day but if not, we certainly understand and there will be plenty of days to make up cuddle time with your mommy.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment