Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spring Gala

To my son Tommy,

Your school had a Spring Gala today.  It is a mini fair with games and prizes and such.  Despite the threat of the occasional shower, everything seemed nice.  Your first love seemed to be the bounce house.  A close second was found when Mr. Carlos,  your classmate Marco's father, started spreading bubbles from a bubble wand and letting you little ones chase them.  It never ceases to amaze me how a dollar jar of bubbles can entertain as much or more than a more expensive object like a full bouncy house.  This is the result.


Unfortunately this means I am in trouble.  Your mom headed to a concert with your Aunt Na and your cousin Emma, and I was supposed to give you a bath before you and I headed over to the Downey's house for dinner.  These are the difficult situations a father constantly finds himself in.  I hope you appreciate the amount of trouble I get in because of you..(I say this as I try to weasel my way in for snuggle nap time...we got an hour or two before we have to leave)

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment