Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Oldies But Goodies

To my son Tommy,

I have come to the realization that my parents didn't listen to old music on purpose.  They simply just didn't realize it was old music.  Unfortunately I have come to this realization after looking up the release year of each song that has come up on my Spotify.  Evidently I am under the illusion that the music I listen to is contemporary and current.  When each song was released in the 20th century though , it remains quite difficult to keep up the delusion. You will most likely have an uphill battle trying to get me to appreciate your music when you get into your teens, but I promise to try my best and hope you sample and learn to appreciate some of my old timer tunes, just like I learned to appreciate what used to be called classic rock, which my parents thought was contemporary, and now might be better reclassified as just oldies.  I feel old and I might go get out my walker and geritol and my tape cassette Walkman.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment