Wednesday, June 19, 2013

When This Is Asked, The Answer Is Yes



To my son Tommy,

We had said prayers and tucked you in.  We were settling down in the living room and starting to watch a show we had recorded on DVR earlier.  Then the question came over the monitor, "Daddy, do you want to cuddle?"

Your mom laughed with a mixture of "awe that is too cute" and "I pity you because you want to tell him no so you can relax down here".  She tried to make an excuse for me and I think you actually accepted it.  But when I thought for a second, I realized the proper answer to a sincere request like that is "Yes!"

So I went up and laid down in your bed as I draped my arm over you and closed my eyes.  You were out like a light in a matter of minutes.  I opened my eyes and stared at you for a dozen or more minutes.  You are even more precious than normal cuddled in your bed tonight.  You had your moray eel and a multi color snake I believe from the Baltimore Zoo snuggled in your arms.  I am amazingly blessed to have a son like you.  Sweet dreams.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment