Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Recovery

To my son Tommy,

I would have wrote you a letter last night if I had any energy at all.  Our weekend ended like an inside the park home run....with us sliding home just under the tag and completely out of breath as we wipe our brow and mustering up enough breath to say "Shew! Just made it!"  There was no wind down time, there was no time to unpack and settle back in and relax.  We pretty much went straight to the sack and hoped that eight hours of slumber would be enough to recoup from the event packed weekend.  When I woke up this morning aching from walking the boards and the rides at Playland and Storybook Land and still picking grits of sand out of the usual places from the beach, I said to myself "I need a day to recover from the weekend!"  But here I sit at work thinking of that adage "Work hard.  Play hard." and knowing that it was well worth it.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment