Saturday, June 1, 2013

Watch Your Step

To my son Tommy,

During our walk this morning, you gave me some practical advice that I am not sure I will ever be able to follow.  "Daddy, don't step in any caterpillar poop!"  About a half block later you said, "If you see any caterpillar poop, will you tell me so I don't step in it?"  I blame the concern about caterpillar poop on your cousin Emma and cousin Charlie.  At the last party at our house, you guys found a bunch of caterpillars in our yard.  I wouldn't be able to spot caterpillar poop unless it was freshly produced, but I know it is out there, and I know you are correct and we should probably avoid it.  In life, It is often the poop that we can't see or can't recognize that we end up stepping in and getting into trouble.  Beware the caterpillar poop.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment