Friday, June 21, 2013

Options

To my son Tommy,

Your grandparents invited us down to the ocean this weekend.  You have been asking to go for some time and they are headed down with your other cousins.  Being a bit last minute your mother and I hemmed and hawed.  I definitely thought you should go down with your mom, but perhaps I could stay back and get some pending work done for both my job and around the house.

Shame on me!  I beg your forgiveness for even considering this.  When the choice is between stay home and work or go to a beach with your wife and child and some more family...again shame on me for even considering not going to the beach.  We leave tonight.  Work will still be there and I will still be busy on Monday no matter if I work this weekend or not.  I could always use extra hours to get my job done but that smile on your four year old face as we hit the boards in OCNJ is limited availability.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment